May I show you Copenhagen?
My home town
I grew up in Copenhagen and I've spent most of my life in this city. After living abroad now for a few years.. coming back on visits - I have begun to feel more clearly what I have always loved about this place. Actually I'm writing and performing music - and not so much busy as a webmaster, but I had fun putting this site together about my hometown.
People I meet often ask me: "What is Copenhagen really like? Is it beautiful?" or "What can I see and do there?" or "If I go - where can stay?".. After a while I realised that all my "inside knowledge" might be valuable information not only for my friends who like to travel, but also to other people ... like you.
So I decided to create this web site - all about my home town.
Copenhagen for me means..
• a walk along the water
• a wonderful freshly baked Danish pastry
• strolling in the Tivoli Gardens
• a cafe latte stop on the way, of course
• a trip to the lovely Deer Park forest at Klampenborg.
• taking a day trip to one of the beaches in the area
• checking my e-mails at my favourite cafe at the ocean - having a
sandwich.. overlooking the city skyline .. you‘ll love it.
On this web site you will not only find the best cafes and restaurants
but also travel tips and practical information
about the city as well as how to find Copenhagen air fares
and good budget car rentals
. You will be able to book your acommodation
from this site. I‘ll recommend you my personal favourites.
Search this site:
What else can you find here ..?
Discover my Top 10 Must-see sights and things to do including "Hans Christian Andersen‘s Copenhagen", The Little Mermaid at Langelinje, some unique museums and of course Tivoli Gardens - the most magical place in town. If you have never been there before - be ready to fall in love.
The Scandinavian light.
People who have spent their vacations in Scandinavia know that during the summer time it hardly ever gets really dark. The night only lasts about 3-4 hours .. which of course has profound influence on the nightlife - for example during the Jazz Festival - coming out from a late concert.. and the birds are already singing, while a nearby bakery sends heavenly smells of fresh baked bread and pastry through the air. Then you know it‘s summer in Copenhagen.
If you enjoy doing city trips in Europe and you havn‘t yet experienced the capital of Denmark - you are really in for a treat. Especially if you - as I do, love the water and the wind.
The "Green City".
With ocean comes the wind. There‘s nothing more refreshing than a walk at the water feeling the wind in your face. Just outside the harbour of the city you‘ll see how the wind is being used optimally, in form of the offshore windmill park just north of the bridge between Sweden and Denmark.
The picture of the wind turbines further below is from a trip I made with my grandmother to Amager Beach Park on a sunny day in March, from where you can see the "modern wind mills" clearly.
Denmark is the world‘s biggest producer of wind power turbines and I only recently learned that the country gets more than 20% of its domestic electricity from wind power. Long gone are the days where wind mills are used just to churn grain.
.. and so the city‘s thousand years of history and cultural atmosphere lives right next to cutting edge wind power technology and the longest bridge in Europe. Had anyone told Hans Christian Andersen in his time that a bridge would be built reaching all the way to Sweden.. he would probably have found it a story too good to be true.
The city where fairy tale meets the future.
So - in a nut shell..
Sharing what makes Copenhagen unique for me - is what this website is all about. I truly hope you‘ll find this useful and that you'll enjoy your stay.
Search the web:
- A Map Of Denmark - Orientation And Inspiration In One
- A good map of Denmark will guide you to places you didn't know you wanted to see. Get advice on best travel guides and links to the best online maps.
- A Map Of Copenhagen Helps You Get Around By Bus, Metro, Boat Or Bike
- It‘s fun getting around with a map of Copenhagen - whether by car, bus or train. Combine a town stroll with a boat ride or do like Copenhageners do - bike.
- Find Great Copenhagen Hotels For Any Budget
- Here you'll find Copenhagen hotels for any budget. Use my personal recommendations to get what you really need as well as the best value for your money.
- Cheapest Flights To Copenhagen With The Best Value For Your Money
- Looking for the cheapest flights to Copenhagen with the best value for your money? Here‘s what you need to know if you want to find flights to Denmark.
- Try A Restaurant Copenhagen Style
- The kind of restaurant Copenhagen is mostly known for - offers good quality at fair prices. Read about the best take-aways and top restaurants in town.
- Copenhagen Denmark - The Top-10 "Must-See" Sights Of My Home Town
- A personal Top -10 of the best Copenhagen Denmark sights. The Little Mermaid, Tivoli Gardens, Nyhavn, the history and the architecture - it‘s all here.
- Denmark Culture - A Unique Blend Of Old Traditions And New Visions
- Denmark culture means rich traditions and history as well as independance and sustainable wind power technology. An old kingdom with future visions.
- The Tivoli Gardens - Where Magic Meets Fun And Fairy Tales
- Of the two famous Copenhagen amusement parks - the beautiful Tivoli Gardens built in 1843 - still one of the most magical Danish tourist attractions.
- The Little Mermaid - A Living Fairy Tale In The Heart Of Copenhagen
- The statue of The Little Mermaid inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's original story, is one of the strongest fairy tale symbols in the world today.
- Hans Christian Andersen - Fairy Tales In More Than 150 Languages
- Hans Christian Andersen has touched people all over the world. Read about his life in Copenhagen - see the pictures and listen to quotes from his diary.
- Christmas In Denmark - A Cosy Time Has Never Tasted So Good
- Some say Christmas in Denmark is the best time of year.. well, except summer. December for Danes is all about traditions, good food and coming together.
- Danish Furniture - Beautiful Design Meets Simple Functionality
- Danish furniture is an integral part of Danish design. Read about the most influential architects and see pictures of their famous furniture pieces.
- Danish Food - From Frikadeller To Danish Pastry
- Danish food is much more than smorrebrod and pastry. Read about the traditional dishes that Danes are still cooking today and what they drink to them.
- Denmark Travel Information - A Few Practical Tips And Ideas
- Scandinavia begins with a "D". Denmark travel information, general facts and some good-to-know ideas and suggestions - Check out the beautiful photos.
- My Internet Treasure Chest
- I love the internet. Being in contact with the world and getting valuable information in seconds. Only recently I learned that I can also create a business
- About Welcome To My Copenhagen
- Here you can read about us and why this website was created. From here you can also reach our contact page if you have any suggestions or comments.
- My Links
- Here are some links to other websites
- VoiceByChoice Christmas CD
- Here you can buy the VoiceByChoice Christmas CD album right now.